I have something most people call a chocolate addiction. It’s consuming, overwhelming, and probably unhealthy. Chocoholic, if you will.

In fact, the other night the girls had a conversation about my obsession and how deliriously happy I get when I have chocolate. Yes, I’m that ridiculous.

In a Chocoholic’s mind, there’s nothing more torturous than being deprived of chocolate. So what do you do when you’re all out and you’re too afraid to run to the corner store because there’s a police car parked outside your neighbour’s house with the lights flashing? (Yes, this IS currently happening.)

You get Maggie to introduce you to Chocolate Mug Cake. Basic ingredients, 3 minutes in the microwave. 100% delicious.

Since I’m too lazy to write it all out, here’s the recipe.

IMG_0432

And here’s what it looks like.

IMG_0437

Actually, who cares what it looks like, it’s fucking glorious. Make sure you add the chocolate chips.

This post is tagged , ,

1. AdventureRob says:

That is genius, I’ve never heard of microwaving ingredients to make a cake before. Damn that slow oven!

Yeah, I’m not really sure why it says “optional” beside the chocolate chips, I never make it without them ;D they add such a delightful gooeyness to the whole thing….

…and it just occured to me I could totally throw all those ingredients in a container and microwave it at work and have fresh mug cake at work. EXCELLENT!

What the hell? I JUST HAD THIS LAST WEEK! and yes it was GLORIOUS! xD

That. The. EFF.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for giving me this recipe.

5. Teacher Girl says:

That looks AWESOME!

6. DUDE!!! A work mates wife gave this recipe to me about a year ago and it was the best damn choc cake I had eaten in ages. In 5 minutes you can have a beautiful hot piece of choc cake tunneling its way to your stomach. Pure genius whoever came up with it.

7. Taylor says:

:D You have no idea how excited I am to try this.

8. Alexandra says:

Look absolutely delish!
    There’s this amazing dessert restaurant in Montreal called Juliette et Chocolat. Obviously, it serves mostly chocolate (in all its forms). I think I’ll convince my hubby to go there tomorrow.
    Hope you’re feeling better career-wise. One day you’ll be a great writer and we’ll all preorder your novel on Amazon. Hang in there :)

Maggie rocks it and I’m not even a chocoholic. But I would serve that at a dinner party and make all my guests make their own.

10. Deidre says:

I’ve seen some other recipes like this that involve yogurt for a slightly healthier option,

Do you think it would work with gluten free flour.

11. PorkStar says:

hahaha very nice… i actually love chocolate, like the best of chics, but im a dude. When I travel I usually bring chocolates to friends and end up eating them myself.

That’s a winner!