People need to stop making good television. It’s infuriating. I ruled out House last year and then Lost ended, so I had a fairly free evening schedule (minus Grey’s Anatomy) and was happy with my life.

But now it’s like there are a million and one good new shows floating around. I guess they’re not NEW, but they’re new to me. And I’m still struggling to catch up on my It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and 30 Rock.

I’ve started watching Walking Dead, and I’m hooked. I’m stressed out. The last episode was so graphic, I actually became physically ill and thought I might hurl. But crap, it’s good. Then there’s Breaking Bad, which I’ve been meaning to get more into, because omg the father from Malcolm in the Middle is in it.

Not to mention Dexter, or Glee, because everyone is obsessed with both shows. And Weeds. And Madmen because isn’t Don Draper the most beautiful man on the planet?

Oh yeah, and all those missing episodes of The Office and Arrested Development.

Thanks, TV. Thanks a whole fucking lot.

[photo: ElAlispruz]

This post is tagged , , , , ,

1. Robin says:

Candice – You’ve got to be kidding me! OK, So an old guy like me comes home from work tired, stressed out and spends 2 hours like a zombie in front of the idiot box. I can ALMOST justify that.

But YOU!! I know you’re not really tired. Can you be that bored that TV is actually entertaining? Come on, there is so much more to you than that!! Don’t waste your life away an hour at a time in front of that screen. I know you can actually live.

Hahaha nah, I’m mostly exaggerating. I spend maybe 2-3 hours per week watching TV, it’s a nice way to let your brain cool down after a day of writing, y’know?

3. Robin says:

Ah, that’s more like it. You had my worried.

ahahahahaha. I’ve pretty much given up on new shows. The list of shows that come highly recommended that i should check out is just way to long. I have breaking bad on my computer but am only half way through and it’s been A YEAR it’s been sitting there…
    Next time I get super sick, or snowed it, or something, I’ll catch up ;P
    I watched an hour or so of TV every night while I do my emailing… but it’s just DVDs of shows I’ve already seen because I’m not really paying attention. I think I watch on average 1 hour of ‘new’ tv a week…. 2 if I have a shift out in woodpath and have something downloaded already..

Oh god…I have yet to see the third episode of Walking Dead. Am I gonna vomit?

The second ep wasn’t as bad as the first…I watch 40% of it through my fingers.

6. Cammy says:

I totally feel that way too and that’s why I never end up watching anything. There is so much and I never have the time =(

7. carissa says:

Ah I’m right there with you. I realllly try not to watch too much tv, because frankly id rather spend my week nights doing something else… but I also don’t want to miss out and be left out of the loop! It’s such a conundrum. I pretty much try to at least half ass watch everything that you mentioned… plus Cougar Town, Psych, Chuck, So you think you can dance, The big C, and a few others… yeah. No time for this shit!

Give it up now, save yourself from the overindulgence, really you’ll thank me.

9. LOL. Great post. And you’re right; I’m finding there’s a lot of programs that I’m enjoying this season as well.

I’m a notorious DVR-er. I program a ton of shows in at the beginning of the season and then weed some of them out as I find myself not watching them (or in the case of new shows – not enjoying them). I was pumped about “No Ordinary Family” and “The Event” at first, but they didn’t make the cut.

Happy Friday!

Amen. The things I could get done if I didn’t have TV.

Carissa, I don’t even KNOW those! Ye gawds.

TV is definitely the root of all evil. I’m currently in love with Dexter. Apparently I’m ten years behind.

12. i always forget how people in other countries also watch american shows. yes, those are all good ones, although i can’t quite deal with dexter – even though it is well written. LOVE grey’s i’ve seen them all about 8 times. office is amazing… but have you seen MODERN FAMILY yet!!!???? it’s like the office, except family version.

so good.