It’s the kind of day where I get slapped with another $300 from Bell Aliant and sidetracked by a million different things. The kind of day where I sit around filled with self-pity because I can’t get it together and my roommate is awarded his high-paying dream job, so where’s mine?

But really the 10th of November is the kind of day where I remember how four years ago my aunt lost her life to domestic violence in one of the worst tragedies ever known to my little part of the world. That feeling lingers around like the after-shock of an earthquake, and I doubt it’ll ever entirely disappear. It’s the kind of fear that follows you around but lies stagnant under layers of years until disturbed, and the kind of knowledge that makes the world a little more discouraging. I remember everything.

Chin up, and move forward.

[photo: Albert Maruggi]

This post is tagged

1. Deanna says:

Oh man…I’m so sorry for your loss. What a horrible weight for you and your family; your poor aunt.

You know in your heart chin up and move forward is your own best advice.

never forget, but always move forward :)
    It is very sad about your aunt :( you’re right, the feeling will probably never go away entirely… but as painful and discouraging as tragedies can be, they serve us better if we remember them…

your dream job is waiting, bell can go fuck themselves, and a car is heading to your house in 40 minutes to take you away for the weekend. ;D

Chin up is the least I can say…I think you’re showing an amazing amount of strength during this crapola time. My heart is with you. One day at a time. That’s what I whisper to myself whenever I want to give up or randomly kick someone…

5. yikes. Really sorry to hear that :(

I hate those days.

Four years is so…recent. Can’t change the past but I hope things get better for you, on all fronts!

Thanks for your kind words, friends! Always means a lot to me. <3