I had a great Christmas “vacation.”

My parents and I barely fought. We visited my extended family. I learned how to play Cross Cribb, and my Uncle and I killed the competition. I played designated driver for Dad, listened to fascinating stories from the “old” days, got violently ill after Boxing Day partying, gained 2 lbs, caught up with some old friends, had a few epiphanies and scored some sweet swag.

I was enjoying myself so much I considered staying in the bay for New Years. But I already had my tickets bought, and honestly, listening to midnight gunshots going off wasn’t particularly appealing.

So I celebrated with my friends, in style. We had so much fun at my place we barely wanted to leave for the bar. I passed around the book that had showed up in my mailbox earlier, the one I’m published in, and nearly died with all the glowing praise.

NYE3

The next morning, TOR and I played hostesses to an epic turkey dinner feast to bring in the New Year. We wore crowns, sipped wine and sat at the kitchen table for over 5 hours with some friends. It was the most amazing New Years experience I’ve ever had, the simple joy of soaking up the company of some of the greatest people in the world.

NYE2

I’m overdosing on love here, people. I can’t stop the sap. Between the hugs and mushy Christmas cards and presents in the form of bottles of wine, I am completely, utterly, 100% happy and content. I have never felt so much love in my life.

Damn you, guys. It’s gonna be difficult to leave.

Bring on 2011!

NYE4

This post is tagged , ,

1. Emily Jane says:

That sounds like a fantastic new years eve! Have an AMAZING 2011! :)

Do you look amazing or what! I should have worn a new year crown… why didn’t i think of that? Arghh. Happy 2011!

Yay! You deserve some looovveee :)

4. Deidre says:

Sounds like a great way to ring in the new year!

5. Teacher Girl says:

This sounds super sweet. Btw, You looks amazin’ in that red dress!

I heard gun shots and some yelling and then quiet. I looked to see what time it was so if I died I know what time I died, that’s important to know in your next life.

I’d say without a doubt, best new year’s celebrations of my life. I can only think of one other new year’s eve celebration that didn’t have some serious negative associated, but that one other was just a pajamas, cookies, and movies night with 2 friends. Fun, but not the same kind of epic fun we had this past weekend ;D

Anyhow. Best holiday season for me by far, in a long long time. thumbs up to that!
    and of course we’re going to shower you with love – I fully support your world adventures, but I want you to want to come back when you’re done! ;)

bring on 2011! woot woot!

8. Alexandra says:

Happy 2011, Candice!
    I’m glad you had fun on NYE.
    I guess not wanting to go out and preferring to stay inside, in the company of friends is part of growing up. At least that’s what happened to me. We stayed in the whole night, and played board games and Wheel of Fortune on the computer. Lots of fun!

You’re going to kick 2011’s ass!

Thanks, guys! Alexandra, there is TOTALLY nothing wrong with that, haha…would have saved myself some good dollars there. :)